About Us – Barker-Ewing Whitewater
Barker-Ewing River Trips offers the #1 summer activity in Jackson Hole! A family-owned and operated Snake River outfitter with professional guides, 5-star river trips and an outstanding safety record since 1963, you can rest assured you’ll have the trip of a lifetime!
Meet the Ewings and Tibbitts – Jackson Hole Rafting Experts
Heather, Frank and Patty (top photo), David Tibbitts and Frank Ewing (bottom photo)
Frank began guiding on the Snake River in Jackson Hole in the late 1950s. In 1963, with the Barker family, Frank and Patty introduced Barker-Ewing to the valley. Their love for Jackson Hole and all it encompasses continues to provide the foundation for the family business.
David Tibbitts is the new owner of Barker Ewing Whitewater. His love of the river and Jackson Hole began in the 70’s. He purchased Jackson Hole Whitewater in the mid 80’s and has done great things for the valley. His hard work and dedication to the business has shown over all the years! The foundation of the family business feel is very important to David as was Frank.
What we believe?
- We believe in small trips, unparalleled personal service and going above and beyond for a greater overall experience. While we maintain one of the largest permitted whitewater rafting outfits in Jackson Hole, we do not believe in overfilling our rafts. We offer custom, manufactured rafts that provide not only a seat for each participant but room and comfort for the ride as well.
- We believe in a relaxed pace, not a hurried trip. We believe in going with the flow of the river! Why hurry your experience on the water? In addition, we allow time at the end of the trip for you to change out of your wet clothes for a dry, comfortable ride back to Jackson.
What sets us apart from other Jackson Hole Rafting companies?
- We have an outstanding safety record. Just ask, or contact the Bridger-Teton National Forest for an unbiased response.
- We prepare excellent meals featuring the finest and freshest meats, produce and ingredients in our commercial kitchen.
- All of our river trip meals are served and enjoyed at one of our two private riverside camps along the Snake.
- Our Teton Views Scenic Float Trip we are privileged to offer is in partnership with the historic Snake River Ranch. It is a trip unique only to us with an exclusive launch and landing that no other outfitter has access to.
We love what we do and it shows!
The Tibbitts family continues to own and operate this local river rafting company. 2018 marks our 55th year!
“As we move into our fifth decade, we’re more than ever dedicated to our core principles: close attention to detail, insistence on quality and safety, belief in the wonder of what we offer, and a firm grounding in the reality of the rafting trips we are privileged to share with our clients. These principles have served our clients, our staff and our family well. They won’t change.”